Big Foot 37 Besucher/Visitors

Nach oben





"Mooooore modifications"


When the cabin was built from Ormocar they made a connection to the drivers cabin. The cut-out in the cabin caused the same in the rear cover of the cabin which was therefore no longer properly fixed and caused noises when driving on bad streets. I did not start to built a frame, especially when the first bellow was worn off quite early and needed to be replaced by a better bellow (pls. refer to. Big Foot 36). In order that the frame fits to the cover needed to be smaller on the bottom part. 2 mm steel was bended to an L-shape of 4 x 4 cm and than welded together in 90°. The easiest way to get the triangular shape was to grind off the steel afterwards. Finally the frame was welded into the drivers cabin. You can spot the welding points on the (so far) black frame.



Afterwards I sprayed the two covers in RAL1002, sand-yellow.


Finally I painted the door to the cabin and the frame as well sand-yellow to fit to the cover.



What annoyed me was the TFT-monitor in the wardrobe. Because the mounting had to be in a high position this resulted in a bottom-up angle of view when sitting on the benches. TFT’s anyhow have only a limited angle of view but from bottom-up it is even worse. So I took off the monitor 


and ordered a stainless steel U-shaped profile. At the two sides a M8 nut was welded on, two in the middle on the top to get a longer thread. 


Instead of mounting the monitor to the rear of the housing of the wardrobe door I fixed it to the steel profile. The sides of the housing were drilled in the middle. Wing-nuts fix the steel profile, but now with tilt function. Another wing-nut was fitted with a hose-clip and allows to adjust the angle.


Here flat position

and here tilted.



Finally I want to present my third hand for (de-)mounting of the wheels: Because of the high torque required when (de-)mounting the wheels (600 NM or more) you need an extension for the wheel-brace. Operation without a second person to assist the wheel-brace is nearly impossible or with a high risk that the wheel-brace slides off or the nut is damaged. So I built from plastic coated plywood (made with water-sealed glue) a support. Several cuts allow a fine adjustment to the height of the nuts.


The bottom plate is mounted with hinges, the stabilisation-triangle with dismountable pivot hinges and therefore everything can be stored without wasting space.

(Thanks to Chris for assisting with the translation! He'll know whom I mean!)

Index ] Camper Info ] Big Foot Links ] Big Foot 01 ] Big Foot 02 ] Big Foot 03 ] Big Foot 04 ] Big Foot 05 ] Big Foot 06 ] Big Foot 07 ] Big Foot 08 ] Big Foot 09 ] Big Foot 10 ] Big Foot 11 ] Big Foot 12 ] Big Foot 13 ] Big Foot 14 ] Big Foot 15 ] Big Foot 16 ] Big Foot 17 ] Big Foot 18 ] Big Foot 19 ] Big Foot 20 ] Big Foot 21 ] Big Foot 22 ] Big Foot 23 ] Big Foot 24 ] Big Foot 25 ] Big Foot 26 ] Big Foot 27 ] Big Foot 28 ] Big Foot 29 ] Big Foot 30 ] Big Foot 31 ] Big Foot 32 ] Big Foot 33 ] Big Foot 34 ] Big Foot 35 ] Big Foot 36 ] [ Big Foot 37 ] Big Foot 38 ] Big Foot 39 ] Big Foot 40 ] Big Foot 41 ] Big Foot 42 ] Big Foot 43 ] Big Foot 44 ] Big Foot 45 ] Big Foot 46 ] Big Foot 47 ] Big Foot 48 ] Big Foot 49 ] Big Foot 50 ] Big Foot 51 ] Big Foot 52 ] Big Foot 53 ] Big Foot 54 ]
Stand: 24. September 2010